What Kind Of Water Is Suitable For Drinking?
Almost everyone knows the importance of water. We need to replenish a lot of water every day to maintain the normal functioning of the body. Therefore, the quality of drinking water is directly related to our health.
But not everyone knows: What is healthy water?
Many people think that buying a water purifier will filter all the impurities in the water, and the remaining pure H2O is healthy water. That's only half true.
The World Health Organization (WHO) three standards for drinking water as "safety, health, health", these three words are concise and comprehensive, can be said to cover all the standards of drinking water. "Safe" and "hygienic" are the basis of healthy drinking water.
If you feel that the three concepts of "safety", "hygiene" and "health" are too abstract and must be visually measured in numbers, then you may wish to pay attention to the following data:
The answer to this question in the book "Healthy Water" written by Dr. Martin Fox in the United States is that the standard of healthy water is to have a certain amount of hardness (ideal value about 170mg/L), a certain amount of dissolved total solid TDS (ideal value is 300mg/L) and a PH value that is alkaline (above 7.0).
These are what we usually call the five measures of healthy water:
1. The water does not contain any toxic, harmful, chemical and biological pollution to the human body;
2. Contain appropriate amount of minerals and trace elements;
3. Weakly alkaline, PH value is 7.0-8.5;
4. The hardness of water is moderate, containing minerals such as calcium and magnesium ions and trace amounts (no higher than 450mg/L, the ideal value is about 170mg/L);
5. There is a certain amount of dissolved total solid TDS (not higher than 1000mg/L, the ideal value is about 300mg/L);
So now the question is, how to drink water properly is healthy enough?
According to the drinking water needs and characteristics of different populations, the recommendations are as follows:
1) It is best for the elderly to choose safe and healthy natural water, such as natural mineral water, whose biological activity is higher than that of natural water, which is very similar to the water in human cells, so it is easy to be absorbed through the cell membrane, promote metabolism, increase the hemoglobin content in the blood, and improve immune function.
2) Middle-aged and elderly people should not drink pure water for a long time. If you drink pure water for a long time, not only can not add calcium, zinc and other trace elements, the existing inorganic salts in the body will also be absorbed by pure water and discharged from the body. Tap water should be further purified before drinking.
Pregnant women need to drink water containing natural minerals, pay special attention to the content of calcium and magnesium, should not be too low or too high, should not drink pure water and distilled water for a long time.
From fertilization to the birth of the fetus, every cell division cannot do without sufficient water, otherwise the development of the fetus will be hindered. So drinking healthy water is crucial.
Babies need safe, healthy and fresh water that contains minerals and trace elements. The natural minerals and trace elements contained in drinking water are vital for babies, who do not receive enough minerals from breast milk or artificial milk to meet their needs.
Drinking pure water for a long time can cause children to lack certain minerals. Experts pointed out that the baby is in the growth and development stage, 30% of the calcium requirement comes from water, if the long-term drinking of pure water, this part of the calcium source is no longer. Babies drink such water for a long time, not only can not supplement calcium, zinc and other trace elements, even the existing minerals in the body will be absorbed by pure water, and excreted with urine.
Adolescents have higher mineral requirements for drinking water than adults. Students have a higher absorption rate of toxic substances in water than adults, so in the same situation, students are more seriously polluted than adults.
Therefore, safe and healthy natural mineral water or purified tap water is a high-quality choice for teenagers, and drink less beverages and pure water.
In addition to the needs of special people, you can also choose different water purifiers according to the water quality of the region.
To better monitor TDS values for household water use, TAEING recommends that a Taeing4-in-1 water quality tester be prepared at home. This water quality tester can detect not only TDS values, but also EC, pH and Temperature.
All in all, choose the right water for you, and your health will be with you for a long time.